Explore Resources for College & Beyond
STUDY SKILLS: Useful information and practical tips about how to effectively study.
- Study Skills for College
- How to Study: Ten chapters of study tips.
- Transferring to an Online School: How to Ensure High School & College Students Get All the Credit They Deserve
FINANCIAL AID: Helpful resources to learn more about the financial aid process and paying for college.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Federal Student Aid ID
- Big Future
- Student Finance Glossary Provided by Fiscal Tiger
- Federal Students Loans Guide by The Student Loan Report
- ACO College Calculators
- The Main Differences Between Federal and Private Student Loans
SCHOLARSHIPS: Resources to help find free money for college.
- Federal Student Aid-Grants and Scholarships
- FastWeb: scholarships you don’t qualify for until you are in college.
- ASO Minority Scholarships
- Prestige Scholarship for College
- CardRates.com Financial Futures Scholarship
STUDENT LOANS: Looking to borrow money for college? Here are some websites on how to do that.
- U.S. Department of Education- Federal Student Aid
- Sallie Mae
- Wells Fargo- Student Loans
- ACO Student Loans
GENERAL: Quality resources from the pros on how to have a successful college experience.
- Microsoft: BUT, your college may have a better deal. Check the tech center on campus. Downloads can be as inexpensive as $5.00.
- AAA Texas: offer discounts on lots of travel related stuff plus peace of mind if you break down (okay, when you break down.)
- AMC Theatres: entertainment after study
- Amazon Student
- Chegg Textbooks
- Amazon Textbooks
- Slug Books: just be certain you order the correct edition.
- AT&T: discount for eligible households
- College-Level Examination Program (CLEP).
- International Baccalaureate Program
- Extensive overview of AP courses and how to earn college credits
- How to Find Online Programs Accepting Transfer Credits
- Fundraising in College
INFORMATION FOR UNDOCUMENTED STUDENTS