Manager of Data & Analytics
TITLE: Manager of Data & Analytics
REPORTS TO: Director of Programming & Innovation
Project GRAD's mission is to improve lives in low-income communities by helping students develop and
achieve their educational aspirations. The Manager of Data & Analytics is an essential member of the
Project GRAD team responsible for reporting, record keeping, and compliance.
- To lead and execute critical data projects to inform the operations of Project GRAD programs.
- To collect and report data between Project GRAD and partnering organizations.
- To develop and maintain accurate, up-to-date reporting that aligns with needs of the
- To maintain client data security by following data policies and procedures.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
- Prepare monthly programmatic reports following the formats and content required by each
internal department and partner.
- Perform batch file and individual uploads and corrections of client participation and
- Analyze and aggregate data from multiple sources for trends, volume, demographics, and
operational metrics to support decisions.
- Respond to internal information inquiries, help with data support requests.
- Identify data security vulnerabilities and issues and research best practices and solutions.
- Serve as administrator for Salesforce.
- Coordinate relationships with school districts, college/university partners, and partnering
agencies, and granting agencies to ensure data collection, transfer, and reporting is continuous
- Provide training to program leadership and advisors on data systems, best practices, and
- Provide regular accurte reporting to the executive team on the progress of Project GRAD’s
goals, outcomes, and programming.
- Make reccomendations for improving and steamlining data collection processes.
- Other duties as assigned to support the success of Project GRAD programs.
- Experience in data manipulation and interaction with internal information systems, including reporting
tools, CRM, and production systems.
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative analytics, examining and re-engineering operations and
procedures, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Strong analytical and business problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of education based data and language helpful.
- Familiarity with Project GRAD neighborhoods or similar communities preferred.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Mission-driven, with a passion for empowering GRAD Scholars, families, and coaches.
- Integrity and good judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to change.
- Self-motivated. Takes initiative and ownership of work and results. Strong customer service ethic.
- Strong time management. Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent analytical skills, including decision trees and flow charts.
- High degree of accuracy working with multiple forms of data.
- Strong project management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Salesforce.
- Valid Texas Drivers License, proof of liability insurance, ability to travel to meeting locations as needed.