GRADuation Aspirations Manager
Project GRAD’s mission is to improve lives in low-income communities by helping students develop and achieve their educational aspirations. The GRADuation Aspirations Manager is an essential member of the Project GRAD team who manages the AT&T Aspire grant and the GRADuation Aspirations program.
- To develop and empower an outstanding GRADuation Aspirations team marked by passion, high standards, professionalism, and drive to collaboratively achieve GRAD’s mission
- Increase high school grade-to-grade promotion and on-time graduation rates at GRADuation Aspirations schools
- Increase motivation for college and career postsecondary enrollment at GRADuation Aspirations schools
- Manage the GRADuation Aspirations program at Aldine Ninth Grade, Southwest High School, and the Raul Yzaguirre School for Success, maximizing student impact and achieving grant objectives, namely: 80% of caseload students earn at least 6 credits each year; campus on-time promotion rates improve at least 10%; at least 50% of student of student surveys indicate improved college aspirations; at least 20% increase in number of seniors who enroll in post-secondary education.
- Manage, coordinate, support, and evaluate the work of GRADuation Aspirations Advisors at each campus as they develop and implement campus-specific plans integrating with campus systems and addressing student needs to improve motivation for high school graduation and college enrollment. Plans should include a GRAD Scholar club, case management of 20 at-risk students, Lunch & Learns, parent workshops, student workshops, College Institutes, GRADuate Conversations, and student incentive events.
- Build positive relationships with district and campus leadership, ensuring regular communication and coordinated planning so that GRADuation Aspirations Advisors function as an effective member of the campus team.
- Utilize data systems and ensure that GRADuation Aspirations Advisors utilize data systems to maintain a focus on student and family outcomes, including recruitment and enrollment in
GRAD programs, progress through GRADuation Aspirations activities, development and achievement of educational aspirations, college enrollment and graduation, and any other data required for AT&T Aspire Grant reporting. Work with Special Projects & Reporting Manager to build effective data systems and processes to support GRADuation Aspirations programming and reporting. Utilize data and reporting to inform planning, ensuring resources of time and effort are effectively mobilized to achieve student and family outcomes.
- Keep GRAD leadership informed of progress through regular reports, written and in person. Also submit timely, accurate reports as required by the AT&T Aspire Grant.
- Facilitate coordination across GRAD departments to ensure GRAD curriculum and programs are well-designed to support the GRADuation Aspirations program.
- Facilitate coordination across GRAD departments for seamless communication with students and parents.
- Facilitate coordination across GRAD departments to ensure quality professional development and training for GRADuation Aspirations staff.
- Other duties as assigned to support the success of GRAD programs.
PRIMARY CONTACTS & PURPOSE
- Report to Vice President and Chief Strategy Officer.
- Manage the work of GRADuation Aspirations Advisors.
- Collaborate with Director of Program Design and Community Engagement to ensure effective alumni and volunteer programs, curriculum, and staff development.
- Collaborate with the Special Projects and Reporting Manager to create effective data systems and reporting.
- 2 years of managerial experience
- 5 years experience supporting young adults to achieve college and career readiness and success, or other relevant experience in urban public school, college, university, or non-profit.
- Familiarity with Project GRAD neighborhoods or similar communities.
- Experience managing relationships and joint projects between organizations.
- Experience using data analysis to inform programs.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment in problem-solving and decision-making.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Mission-driven, with a passion for empowering students and families.
- Integrity and good judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to change.
- Self-motivated. Takes initiative and ownership of work and results. Strong customer service ethic.
- Strong time management. Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent management skills and the ability to create a high-performing and engaged team.
- Strong project management skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Salesforce.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License, proof of liability insurance, ability to travel to meeting locations as needed.
- Proficiency in Spanish preferred.