GRADuation Aspirations Advisor
PRIMARILY BASED AT: Aldine Senior HS (11101 Airline Dr, 77037)
Project GRAD’s mission is to improve lives in low-income communities by helping students develop and achieve their educational aspirations. The GRADuation Aspirations Advisor is an essential member of the Project GRAD team who coordinates the GRADuation Aspirations program on a high school campus.
- Increase high school grade-to-grade promotion and on-time graduation rates at GRADuation Aspirations schools
- Increase motivation for college and career postsecondary enrollment at GRADuation Aspirations schools
- Develop and implement a campus-specific plan integrating with campus systems and addressing student needs to improve motivation for high school graduation and college enrollment. The plan should include a GRAD Scholar club, case management of 20 at-risk students, Lunch & Learns, parent workshops, student workshops, College Institutes, GRADuate Conversations, and student incentive events.
- Build a positive, productive relationship with campus employees, coordinating communication and planning so that the GRADuation Aspirations activities operate smoothly as part of campus programs.
- Use appropriate data systems to maintain a focus on student and family outcomes, including: recruitment and enrollment in GRAD programs, participation in GRADuation Aspirations activities, development and achievement of educational aspirations, college enrollment and graduation, and any other data required for AT&T Aspire Grant reporting. Document activities promptly and accurately. Utilize data and reporting to inform planning, ensuring resources of time and effort are effectively mobilized to achieve student and family outcomes.
- Provide regular reports to the GRADuation Aspirations Manager regarding progress.
- Facilitate coordination across GRAD departments for seamless communication with Scholars.
- Collect intake, attendance, and milestone/activity documentation as required by grants, MOUs, and contracts.
- Other duties as assigned to support the success of GRAD programs.
PRIMARY CONTACTS & PURPOSE
- Report to GRADuation Aspirations Manager.
- Coordinate with GRAD staff to organize GRAD alumni and volunteers to participate in Lunch & Learns and GRADuate Conversations.
- Collaborate with the Technology & Data Manager to create reports.
- Experience supporting young adults to achieve college and career readiness and success.
- Experience managing relationships and joint projects between organizations.
- Familiarity with Project GRAD neighborhoods or similar communities preferred.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Mission-driven, with a passion for empowering students and families.
- Integrity and good judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to change.
- Self-motivated. Takes initiative and ownership of work and results. Strong customer service ethic.
- Strong time management. Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent management skills and the ability to create a high-performing and engaged team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with Salesforce (preferred).
- Valid Texas Driver’s License, proof of liability insurance, ability to travel to meeting locations as needed.
- Proficiency in Spanish.