GRAD Advisor @ GRADcafé Baytown
TITLE: GRAD Advisor DEPT: GRADcafé (Baytown)
REPORTS TO: GRADcafé manager
Project GRAD’s mission is to improve lives in low-income communities by helping students develop and achieve their educational aspirations. The GRAD Advisor is an essential member of the GRADcafé team who advises individuals and families at GRADcafé and who administers the GRAD Scholar Program and the Aspiring Young Adults Program.
In collaboration with Lee College and the City of Baytown:
- Offer best-in-class college and career-readiness advising and programs to Baytown-area individuals and families through GRADcafé, including drop-in counseling, workshops, the GRAD Scholar Program, and the Aspiring Young Adults (AYA) program.
- Empower Baytown-area GRAD Scholars and AYA and their families, providing them the knowledge, experiences, and support they need to develop and achieve their educational and career aspirations.
- Raise the rates of enrollment in, persistence through, and graduation from college and certificate programs for GRAD Scholars and AYA, with an emphasis on credentials leading to employment in high-demand, high-growth careers.
- Provide high-quality college and career advising to Houston’s students and families through GRADcafé. Refer students as appropriate for additional services. Research college, career, and financial aid opportunities in order to best inform students and families.
- Offer high-quality college and career-readiness programs, including the GRAD Scholar Program, the AYA Program, introductory presentations, and workshops, to students and families at GRADcafé and in the Baytown area. Manage partner relationships and ensure program goals and contractual obligations are met.
- Case manage GRAD Scholars and AYA as assigned. Provide individual guidance to assigned Scholars and AYA and support their utilization of quality programs and resources provided by GRAD and other organizations.
- Document work in on sign-in sheets and in database accurately and promptly, including: recruitment, enrollment, and participation in GRAD programs, counseling notes, progress through milestones, development and achievement of educational aspirations, and college enrollment and graduation.
- Utilize data and reporting to inform planning, ensuring resources of time and effort are effectively mobilized to achieve student and family outcomes.
- Build relationships with visitors to GRADcafé, noting opportunities for new partnerships and connecting potential partners with the GRADcafé manager as appropriate.
- Report regularly to the GRADcafé manager regarding assigned programs and projects.
- Other duties as assigned to support the success of GRAD programs.
PRIMARY CONTACTS & PURPOSE
- Report to GRADcafé manager.
- Collaborate with the Technology and Data Manager to support accurate, timely reporting.
Experience supporting young adults to achieve college and career readiness and success.
Experience managing relationships and joint projects between organizations.
One year of relevant work experience required.
Familiarity with Baytown-area communities preferred.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s Degree required.
Mission-driven, with a passion for empowering GRAD Scholars and families.
Integrity and good judgment.
Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Excellent organizational skills.
Flexibility and the ability to adapt to change.
Self-motivated. Takes initiative and ownership of work and results. Strong customer service ethic.
Strong time management. Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Excellent management skills and the ability to create a high-performing and engaged team.
Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Salesforce.
Valid Texas Driver’s License, proof of liability insurance, ability to travel to meeting locations as needed.
Proficiency in Spanish strongly preferred.