Project Grad Data/Administrative Assistant
DEPT: College Access and Success
REPORTS TO: Director of College Access and Success
Project GRAD's mission is to improve lives in low-income communities by helping students develop and achieve their educational aspirations. The Data / Administrative Assistant is an essential member of the Project GRAD team who provides data and administrative support for Project GRAD Houston’s College Access and Success programs.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
- Assist with coverage for front desk and main phone line.
- Respond to routine inquires via phone or email about College Access and Success programs, including registering students and parents for workshops and College Institutes.
- Provide clerical support for College Access and Success programs, including printing, copying, and filing.
- Prepare materials for programs and events.
- Assist in outreach for programs and events, e.g. preparing text/email blasts, merges for mailers, and call lists.
- Attend and support programs and events as needed.
- Organize and inventory program-specific supplies (excluding generic office supplies).
- Enter and process data for College Access and Success programs, such as event survey data.
- Assist in report preparation as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned to support College Access and Success programs.
PRIMARY CONTACTS & PURPOSE
- Reports to Director of College Access and Success.
- Collaborate with other members of the College Access and Success team, including Program Managers, Coordinators, and Coaches, to deliver high quality College Access and Success programs.
- Exchange information and coordinate work with GRAD staff in other departments, including Development, Communications, Program Design & Reporting, and Scholarship Administration, to support communications, reporting, grant writing, program evaluation, and scholarship administration.
Prior clerical/administrative experience preferred.
Familiarity with Project GRAD neighborhoods or similar communities preferred.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Mission-driven, with a passion for empowering GRAD Scholars and families.
- Integrity and good judgment.
- Excellent telephone and receptionist greeting skills. Strong customer service ethic.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills. Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to change.
- Strong time management. Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Self-motivated. Takes initiative and ownership of work.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License, proof of liability insurance, ability to travel to event locations.
- Excellent skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Salesforce.
- Proficiency in Spanish preferred.