TITLE: Data Specialist DEPT: Programming
REPORTS TO: Director of Data & Analytics
Project GRAD's mission is to improve lives in low-income communities by helping students develop and achieve their educational aspirations. The Data Specialist is an essential member of the Project GRAD team responsible for reporting, record keeping, and compliance.
- To lead and execute critical data projects to improve the operations of Project GRAD programs.
- To deliver accurate and timely reporting to granting agencies on GRAD programs.
- To maintain accurate, up-to-date student records in compliance with contract requirements.
- To maintain client data security by following data policies and procedures.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
- Prepare monthly programmatic reports following the formats and content required by each internal department and granting agency.
- Perform batch file and individual uploads and corrections of client participation and demographic data.
- Review Income Verification forms for completeness, check for discrepancies, and establish eligibility.
- Maintain accurate documentation of GRAD/GEAR UP Trust Scholarships, including scholarship files and Salesforce records.
- Analyze and aggregate data from multiple sources for trends, volume, demographics, and operational metrics to support decisions
- Respond to internal information inquiries, help with data support requests.
- Identify data security vulnerabilities and issues and research best practices and solutions.
- Other duties as assigned to support College Access and Success programs.
PRIMARY CONTACTS & PURPOSE
- Reports to the Director of Data & Analytics
- Exchange information and coordinate work with GRAD staff in other departments, including Development and Communications to support communications, reporting, grant writing, and program evaluation
Experience in data manipulation and interaction with internal information systems, including reporting tools, CRM and production systems.
Intermediate to Advanced MS Excel skills
Strong analytical and business problem-solving skills
Familiarity with Project GRAD neighborhoods or similar communities preferred.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Mission-driven, with a passion for empowering GRAD Scholars, families, and coaches.
Integrity and good judgment.
Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Flexibility and the ability to adapt to change.
Self-motivated. Takes initiative and ownership of work and results. Strong customer service ethic.
Strong time management. Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Excellent analytical skills, including decision trees and flow charts.
High degree of accuracy working with multiple forms of data.
Strong project management skills.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Salesforce.
Valid Texas Drivers License, proof of liability insurance, ability to travel to meeting locations as needed.